My adorable daughter has been loving our crafty days lately - she almost expects a daily craft time now, which I think is the cutest thing in the universe!
Yesterday during "quiet time" we whipped up these easy hot chocolate snowman jar gifts that I think will make cute handmade Christmas presents for our neighbors this year. They're unique and practical - filled with hot chocolate mix, peppermints and marshmallows that a whole family could enjoy.
I found the inspiration for this project on Pinterest. I saw this image last year and thought it was such a fun way to yet again recycle some baby food jars. (Forgive me - I've tried to find the original source to this image via Google image search and simply can't. If you know the originator of this image, please let me know so that I can give them proper credit!)
This fun Holiday craft took us less than an hour. I did the hot gluing and ribbon tying, but my 3 year old did the rest! We've made two so far. After we made the first one, my daughter was indignant: "He needs a SISTER!" So, we had to make a girl snow-woman.
How to Make a Hot Chocolate Snowman Jar Gift
- empty & clean small baby food jars and lids (3 per snowman)
- hot chocolate mix
- mini marshmallows
- scraps of ribbon and felt
- permanent marker
- hot glue gun
- Fill one jar with hot chocolate mix, one with peppermints and one with mini marshmallows. This is a fun job for a kid! Put the lids on the jars.
- Hot glue the bottom of the peppermint jar to the top of the hot chocolate mix lid, and the bottom of the marshmallow jar to the top of the peppermint jar lid.
- Tie a ribbon(s) around the "neck" of the snowman. If you want to, make a hat for his head out of felt pieces (a circle slightly bigger than the jar lid, topped with a rectangle of felt rolled into a cylinder and glued together) - glue a ribbon around the hat for a hat band (as pictured).
- Draw a face on the snowman with a permanent marker.
This is a great idea for a gift to daycare providers! Saving this for next year! Thanks!
You're so welcome, Kathy. Thanks for visiting!
Hello to every one, the contents existing at this web site are really remarkable for
people experience, well, keep up the nice work fellows.