Let’s take a short break from babies and houses and transport ourselves back a few years to our wedding day. Remember how fun it was to plan? Remember how stressed you felt as you went through your checklist of “to-do’s”? And this was BEFORE kids, people! I have the honour of taking this blissful journey alongside my little sister this summer – she’s getting married at the end of June! We’re crafting like crazy in preparation for her big day, and I thought I’d share some of our wedding DIYs here with all of you.
First, let me share with you the inspiration for my sister’s wedding. She’s going for a vintage feel – a sort of soft, art deco look with colours of mint, blush and ivory. I’m a huge Downton Abbey fan, so I’ve told her that it’s very similar of a feel to the decor & fashion in the era this series is set in.
- Art Deco Wedding Invitation from Elli
- Brooch Bouquet from Sol Bijou
- Birdcage Wedding Centerpiece as featured in Brides
- Merriest Lace Dress from Ruche
- Grand Waltz Vintage Earrings from Ruche
- Say You Will Necklace from Ruche
- “Kate” Wedding Dress from Ruche
- Halina Heels By B.A.I.T. Footwear from Ruche
- Succulents in Vintage Dishes as featured on Delish
- Seven-Tier Classic Wedding Cake by Martha Stewart
Like my own wedding 8 years ago, a lot of the elements in my sister’s wedding will be handmade and DIY. My mom, my sister and I have begun some incredibly fun and crafty projects, and I’ll share the first one later this week. If you’ve been following me on Instagram or Facebook, you’ll already have an idea of what we’re up to!
How did you decorate for your wedding? What were your colours? (I had a classic wedding with yellow, black and white!)
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase products via these links, a small percentage of the sale will be given to me at no extra cost to you. It’s a win-win – thanks for helping support thediymommy.wpsc.dev!)