Learn how to make a beautiful, personalized Christmas Eve box to give to your children as a special Christmas Eve gift tradition.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Cricut. As always, all of the opinions here are my own.
What is a Christmas Eve Box?
A Christmas Eve box is a small box of gifts you give to your loved ones – typically your children – on Christmas Eve. Some say that it stems from the German tradition of opening presents on Christmas Eve (like our family usually does)!
Why Give a Christmas Eve Box?
Giving a Christmas Eve box gift is a wonderful way to extend the magic of Christmas day and create an exciting tradition for your family. Many families give their children pajamas and treats on Christmas Eve, so packaging these things up in a cute gift box makes them seem extra special.
What Goes Inside a Christmas Eve Box?
You can put anything you think your child or loved one will enjoy on Christmas Eve inside your Christmas Eve Box, but here are some common items to include:
- hot cocoa mix
- Christmas book
- Christmas movie
- a small toy
How to Make a Personalized Christmas Eve Box
To make a Christmas Eve box even more special, you can personalize it with the recipient’s name or monogram on the box itself and some of the items. I personalized boxes for my three girls with the help of Cricut!
- Start with a wooden or fabric box in your desired size.
- Personalize pajamas, tshirts, mugs and even the box itself with names or monograms. I used my Cricut Explore Air 2 and Cricut EasyPress to create monograms in Infusible Ink, vinyl and paper, and you can see how I made them in the video tutorial below.
- Place some shredded or crumpled paper in the bottom of the box, and then layer the Christmas Eve Box items inside the box.
- Put the box under your tree on Christmas Eve for your children to find and enjoy!
Watch my video to learn how to make a personalized Christmas Eve box from start to finish:
Items used in this video:
- Cricut Explore Air 2: http://shrsl.com/1xya8
- Cricut EasyPress 2: http://shrsl.com/1xyar
- Standard Grip Machine Mat: http://shrsl.com/1xyae
- Youth T-Shirt Blank: http://shrsl.com/1xyak
- Infusible Ink Buffalo Check Transfer Sheet: http://shrsl.com/1xybi
- Cardstock Sampler, Red Tones: http://shrsl.com/1xyb7
- Premium Vinyl Sampler: http://shrsl.com/1xybr
Want more DIY gift box ideas? You can find my gifts in a tin series right here. Enjoy making these personalized Christmas Eve boxes for your family this Christmas season!