My mom is incredibly creative and I simply had to share with you this amazing DIY Easter basket she made with Little C this week!
I get my thriftiness from my mom, and she reused an ice cream pail for this basket. Some scrapbook paper squares, mod podge, craft foam and trim made it into an adorable Easter basket for Little C.
Here's how she did it:
- ice cream pail
- coordinating sheets of scrapbook paper
- Mod Podge
- various ribbons and trim
- craft foam
- silk flower clip (optional)
- glitter glue (optional)
- Cut the top rim off of the ice cream pail.
- Cut scrapbook paper into 2" x 2" squares and adhere them with Mod Podge to the pail in a pattern (you'll have to overlap them on the first row so that the second row works since the pail widens at the top).
- Cut a strip of scrapbook paper to fold over the rim of the pail and adhere it with Mod Podge, folding it over the rim. My mom scalloped the edge of hers - so cute!
- Coat the entire bucket with Mod Podge.
- Attach ribbon, trim and/or lace to the top and bottom of the bucket.
- Cut a strip of craft foam out that's long enough to be a handle, and attach it to the inner sides of the bucket. If she wants, your child can decorate the handle and/or bottom of the bucket with glitter glue!
- Attach a silk flower and a ribbon bow to the handle.
What do you think?