With back-to-school season upon us, I'm starting to think of easy, healthy lunch ideas that I can send with my girls for school. These ham & cheese pinwheels are just that! They're more fun than a basic sandwich, but still just as easy to make.
I feel like I've barely recovered from making school lunches for the last school year, and now it's almost time to start up again! I'm not a morning person, so putting together delicious and creative lunches for school can be my ultimate nemesis.
Enter: these simple but fun ham & cheese pinwheels! My girls always love ham, cheese & lettuce, and these easy wraps are a great way to serve them that's different from your basic school sandwich. And did I tell you making them is EASY?
You need to save this idea for your school lunch making sessions this Fall! Here's the recipe:
- 2 large, burrito tortillas
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 12 thin slices of deli ham (9 oz. package)
- 8 slices of cheese
- Lay out your tortillas, and spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese onto each tortilla.
- Layer on ham in a circle around the tortilla, and finish with one slice in the center, 6 slices per tortilla.
- Add two large romaine lettuce leaves to each.
- Add 4 slices of cheese to each.
- Roll up tortillas as tight as you can.
- Slice the roll-ups into 2-inch sections.
- Use a toothpick through the center to hold the pinwheels together.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator (or with an ice pack in a lunch box) until ready to serve.
Looking for more easy school lunch ideas?